Rapidly deployable broadband communications infrastructure supports multiple missions in both garrison and tactical operations
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., January 31, 2023– Cambium Networks (NASDAQ: CMBM), a leading global provider of wireless networking solutions, today announced that its fixed wireless infrastructure solutions continue to evolve and support broadband applications for national defense, border security, first responders, garrison operations and theater communications. Cambium Networks has demonstrated technical leadership, performance, and survivability in harsh conditions in defense and security applications around the world for over fifteen years.
“There are no second chances when it comes to mission critical defense communications. Whether it’s during conflict or providing support at ports and bases, the military needs a dependable communications program that just works—the first time and every time,” said Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO of Cambium Networks. “Cambium Networks’ broadband solutions provide superior performance and are proven to withstand harsh, evolving conditions.”
Since the second quarter of 2022, Cambium Networks has been awarded contracts for multiple global defense and security programs, including:
- Selected for a Major Tactical Defense Program of Record refresh — second iteration
- U.S. Army: Microwave radio contract — second iteration
- U.S. Army: Backhaul radio contract for the National Training Center
- U.S. Navy: Approved the Cambium Networks cnMatrix™ TX series Ethernet switch with an Authority to Operate (ATO) for a major program of record
- U.S. Marine Corps: Microwave radio contract for USMC Training Program of Record
- U.S. Air Force: Awarded project in support of NATO
- Abroad: Awarded three large contracts for defense programs in Western and Eastern Europe and Africa
- Successfully completed Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) for a large U.S. Army program
- Successfully completed Factory Acceptance Test for two MoD programs in Europe and Africa
- Delivering products to several Department of Justice (DoJ) video networks
- Shipping products for Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps
- PTP 78700, a Microwave Line-of-Sight (MLoS) radio operating in the 7 and 8 GHz band, received JF-12 (Joint Frequency Allocation-to-Equipment Process) spectrum certification by the US Government. This certification allows defense and security customers additional licensed spectrum to deploy MLoS programs as an alternative to the already congested NATO Band 4 and unlicensed 5 GHz bands.
- PTP 700’s FIPS 140-2 accreditation was re-verified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under certificate #4243. The PTP 700 operates in NATO Band 4, 4.4 – 4.9 GHz, but also bridges from 4.9 GHz to 5.875 GHz, providing a high level of frequency agility. The PTP 700’s embedded dynamic spectrum optimization (DSO) was also recently updated to further enhance its ability to address electronic counter measures like adversary jamming and interception capabilities.
- Simplified operations with a secure converged network.
- Implement intelligent automation across all elements.
- Deliver consistently predictable performance.
“Cambium Networks has recently achieved notable accreditations on two purpose built fixed wireless broadband network solutions,” said Ryan Peterson, Global Defense and Security Sales Director, Cambium Networks. “Defense and national security network operators can now include cnMatrix™ Routing and Switching systems and Microwave Line of Site MLoS Turn-Key Connectivity Kits in their plans.”
Cambium Networks’ federal and defense solutions are proven wireless communications for military battlefield, border, garrison and infrastructure applications with the following accreditations:
- NIST FIPS 140-2 validation
- NTIA SPS (Spectrum Planning Subcommittee) certification
- JF-12 (Joint Frequency Allocation-to-Equipment Process) spectrum certification
- Multiple layers of FIPS-validated security including physical, certificate, and over-the-air-rekey security
- TAA compliant hardware and ancillary items
- Ancillary equipment adheres to RoHS 3 standards
About Cambium Networks
Cambium Networks delivers wireless communications that work for businesses, communities, and cities worldwide. Millions of our radios are deployed to connect people, places and things with a unified wireless fabric that spans multiple standards and frequencies of fixed wireless and Wi-Fi, all managed centrally via the cloud. Our multi-gigabit wireless fabric offers a compelling value proposition over traditional fiber and alternative wireless solutions. We work with our Cambium certified ConnectedPartners to deliver purpose-built networks for service provider, enterprise, industrial, and government connectivity solutions in urban, suburban, and rural environments, with wireless that just works.
Nancy DePalma – Victory 6 for Cambium Networks – GDS
+1 (203) 520-9479