Products reach their End of Life (EOL) for a number of reasons. These reasons may be due to market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes to the product, changes in regulatory policy, or the products simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology. While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, Cambium Networks recognizes that EOL milestones often prompt network operators to review the way in which end-of-sale and EOL milestones impact the operations of their networks. With that in mind, we have set out below Cambium Networks’ EOL policy to help customers better manage their end-of-life transition and to understand the role that Cambium Networks can play in helping to migrate to updated technology.
Hardware Policy Guidelines:
1. Notification of Last Order Date:
- Cambium Networks shall provide not less than a 180-day notice of the Last Order Date (LOD) in the product EOL notification for radio products; for example, a PTP node, cnPilot Wireless Access Point or ePMP radio module. However, if a compatible product is available that provides substantially similar performance, specifications, and manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP), we will provide not less than a 90 day notice of the LOD. For all other products, typically accessories such as antennas, Cambium Networks shall provide not less than a 90-day notice of the LOD. This date will define the last day the effected product(s) Stock Keeping Unit(s) are orderable from Cambium Networks.
- The Notice of LOD will reference the final available Customer Requested Ship Date (CRSD), which may be the same as the LOD. The final CRSD will be the Last Shipment Date (LSD).
- Cambium Networks ConnectedPartners may continue to offer EOL products for sale after the published LOD, and may continue to deliver products after the published final CRSD, out of any available inventory. Please check with your preferred ConnectedPartner regarding its plans following a Cambium-published EOL notification.
2. End-Of-Life Notification Process:
- Cambium Networks’ customers may elect to receive EOL notifications in their user profile on the Cambium Networks Community (EOL notifications will include LOD and LSD). (Click Here to Login Into Your User Profile and select your notification preferences https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/)
- Cambium Networks ConnectedPartners shall also receive a Distributor Notice (DN) announcing the EOL inclusive of LOD and LSD in advance of any public notification.
3. Hardware Support:
- Cambium Networks will provide the standard warranty on all products purchased including products purchased after the EOL notification has been published.
- There will be no change to coverage end dates for customers with existing Cambium Care, Extended Warranty, or All Risks Advance Replacement Plans that have end dates that extend beyond the standard warranty period of the effected EOL Stock Keeping Unit(s).
4. Software Support:
- The EOL notification will list the last software release that will ship on EOL product(s).
A Software Release is defined as a new version of the software that includes new or enhanced functionality.NOTE: There are instances where Cambium Networks will release software updates that correct a defect or maintenance issues. If this software impacts the EOL product it may be made available after the LSD of the effected Stock Keeping Unit(s).
5. Technical Support:
- Cambium Networks shall provide not less than (4) four years of standard technical support following the Last Order Date on EOL products.
6. Cambium Care Service Plans:
- Renewal of Cambium Care Service Plans that extend service beyond the standard warranty period after a product EOL notification has been published will be done on case-by-case basis and solely at Cambium Networks’ discretion.
Cambium Networks reserves the right to revise this policy at any time.
To receive Cambium Networks Product End of Life notifications please complete the form below.
* required fields