For many people who may not be familiar with the technology, wireless broadband is a very abstract topic. You can’t see it, you can’t feel it, but today everyone is painfully aware when they don’t have it. Connectivity is a vital human need that makes a difference.
While our 600 Cambium Networks team members around the world dedicate themselves to building world class connectivity solutions, each one of these 600 people also dedicates a part of their time to helping others in need and giving back to the communities in which they live. It is part of our core values, and gives powerful meaning to all that we do.
Our social responsibility initiatives include three main themes:
- Giving Back– opportunities for Cambium Networks employees around the world to give their personal time and talents to help people in their community.
- Celebrating Connectivity Heroes– supporting network operators who donate wireless connectivity to improve the lives of others.
- Cambium College– free educational webinars to familiarize young people with wireless technology to prepare them as leaders in their local communities.
For those not familiar with the impact of wireless broadband, these stories clearly illustrate the speed with which reliable connectivity can be deployed, and the significant change that connectivity makes in people’s lives. Consider the following examples of some of the solutions that our employees have helped:
- Connecting a girl’s orphanage in Mexico
- Connecting refugee families with health care and support in Lesvos, Greece
- Protecting endangered species in Africa with wireless video surveillance
- Rapidly restoring communications for families, first responders, and aid workers after a hurricane
Because each of our team members around the world believes in helping others, we donate our time and talents to help. Working in concert with our global channel partners and network operators, we have a global reach to provide meaningful assistance. Because of our flexible wireless fabric of innovative communications technology, Cambium Networks can provide connectivity to almost any location. I encourage you to review some of our stories on our Social Responsibility web page. And, of course, if you know of a situation where we can help, please contact us. We will be where we are needed.
While people in need cannot see or feel wireless connectivity, just like anyone else they know when it is there. They can see and feel the difference that connectivity makes. Join us on our journey.