With over 1M downloads, Wi-Fi Inspector has become the standard for helping organizations around the globe to quickly and easily gain visibility into their networks. This software is designed to provide real time monitoring of wireless network status, and help ensure you are getting the highest performance available from your wireless network.
Wi-Fi Inspector 2.0 now operates on Windows and Mac OS X systems and supports the latest Wi-Fi standards, including 802.11ac Wave 1 and Wave 2 technology.
- Search for Wi-Fi networks
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Verify Wi-Fi coverage (site survey)
- Control a laptop’s Wi-Fi connection
- Locate Wi-Fi devices
- Detect rogue (unauthorized) APs
- Verify AP settings
- Aim Wi-Fi antennas
- Easy to use troubleshooting tools
Technical Requirements for Installation
- Installation and operation of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector requires the following:
- Windows 7, 8 and 10;
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or
- 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Wi-Fi adapter, either built-in or external
- Adobe Flash Player for running Speed Test. If you do not have the Flash Player installed, it can be downloaded from: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later (only for Windows). To check if it is installed, go to Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs and look for Microsoft .NET Framework.
Design an effective Wi-FI network that meets user demand and works in your unique environment with our free Wi-Fi Designer network tool. Wi-Fi Designer is an intuitive predictive heat-map tool.
- Upload your floor plan or drag and drop to replicate it
- Place Xirrus or generic APs to visualize coverage
- See effect of your building’s materials on RF coverage
- Do “What If” modeling for different scenarios