The 2023 Pacific Games are the seventeenth multi-sport event for Oceania countries, with 24 countries participating this year. The 332 events in 24 sports are held in Honiara, Solomon Islands now through the closing ceremonies to be held December 2.
High Performance on the Field and in the Stands
Attendees don’t want to miss a moment of the games, and they expect to be able to share their experiences quickly and easily using their devices.
We are honored that Solomon Telekom selected Cambium Networks’ solutions to provide the connectivity for the games. The Wi-Fi is being used by spectators, games officials and media covering the events. The communications network connects all venues at the games, including the main stadium, aquatic center, tennis courts, multifunctional halls, and the triathlon path. The network also connects the living accommodations for the athletes, including the villages and multiple hotels.
“We appreciate the provision and support of Cambium equipment in the delivery of Wi-Fi services for the PG2023 Games,” said Michael Palmer, CTO of Solomon Telekom. “We are looking forward to working with Cambium on many more such projects.”
Cambium’s ONE Network portfolio of solutions makes it easy to provision, monitor and maintain the network from a central location. The connectivity is delivered across the entire event campus with a network that includes:
- cnMaestro™ X cloud management – to provide an end-to-end view of the network
- 168 Wi-Fi 6 and 6E access points (AP)
- Indoor APs for high- and low-density applications
- Outdoor APs with high performance to provide complete coverage with less equipment
- 41 enterprise switches with policy-based automation to optimize performance and minimize labor requirements
- cnWave™ 60 GHz fixed wireless broadband that delivers multi-gigabit-speed infrastructure across the event campus
Cambium’s ONE Network makes it easy for fans to share their excitement around the world.
Roy Wittert is the Region Sales Director for Cambium Networks