What is more important than saving money for midmarket healthcare networks? Efficient and secure operation. It isn’t easy because network operators must contend with:
- A lack of dedicated IT skills
- Fragmented and heterogeneous IT tools
- Integration of multiple functions (networking and security, local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), wired and wireless)
- Inefficient network management
The solution needs to be simple to plan, deploy and manage. As midmarket healthcare organizations plan their digital transformation, solutions must address software and security, hardware performance and operation management.
Software and Security Features
Healthcare providers and the Managed Service Providers (MSP) who serve them want a mission-critical network that simply works. Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) makes installation easy. Plug-and-play interoperability for wired, wireless and medical IoT devices keeps the focus on patient care. A single intuitive dashboard makes it easy for a staff member to monitor and manage the network.
- Secure, seamless onboarding of staff, patients and guests and their devices
- Auto RF for automatic channel allocation and power configuration
- Visibility to more than 2,000 applications including clinician apps with application visibility and control (AVC)
- WPA2/WPA3, pre-shared key (ePSK), WIDS/ WIPS, role assignment
- Policy-based automation (PBA) automatically configures any wired device with precision
- SD-WAN, IDS/IPS, Firewall, VPN, IoT security and LAN vulnerability assessment
With the introduction of Secure WAN Edge, and NSE 3000, Cambium Networks now offers a medical-grade infrastructure stack for healthcare that includes assisted living, clinics and small hospitals. The infrastructure stack includes a high-performance, reliable hardware portfolio for mission-critical application, software and security features tailored for healthcare, flexible deployment options for public and private cloud and on-premises, broad technology and ecosystem partners for delivering healthcare use cases and superior total cost of ownership (TCO).
Benefit from the experience of independent third-party experts. The Tolly Group, a premier independent testing and analysis lab, released the results of recent benchmark testing that showed Wi-Fi 6 wireless access points from Cambium Networks outperformed competitors Aruba, Meraki (Cisco) and Ruckus (CommScope) in terms of performance and TCO. Testing showed that Cambium’s Wi-Fi 6 access points significantly exceeded the price-performance of the other brands. The high-density XV3-8 (8×8/4×4) AP with five total radios delivered price-performance (Mbps per Dollar) at an average of 2.4X higher than comparable competitive solutions. The XV2-2 (2×2) AP demonstrated price-performance at an average of 2X higher. Download the report here. Cambium Networks’ healthcare solutions include enterprise-grade indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi access points, wireless-aware switching with policy-based automation, cnWave 60 GHz for reliable, high bandwidth campus connectivity and Network Service Edge (NSE) for SD-WAN, VPN, Firewall, IDS/IPS, IoT security and LAN vulnerability assessment.
Trusted Interoperability and Centralized Cloud Management
Effective centralized management requires smooth integration between systems. The goal is to have one common, intuitive dashboard for lifecycle management of the infrastructure stack. When done right, a converged, cloud-managed network generates myriad benefits, including:
- Integrated management of network and security policies
- Predictable and secure access to distributed applications
- Simplicity across the full network life cycle, from initial deployment to ongoing management
- Easy integration with Application Programming Interfaces (API) and Webhooks
Cambium Wi-Fi 6 access points are IEC 60601-1-12 certified as Emergency Medical Equipment and offer interoperability with industry leading mobility and real-time locating system (RTLS) vendors like Spectralink, Ascom, Vocera and Stanley. With these integrations, MSPs and customers have peace of mind of full interoperability and 24×7 technical support. Cambium also has a rich set of best of breed regional ecosystem partners that deliver healthcare use cases like smart spaces, video analytics and asset management using Wi-Fi or BLE tags.
See the Change
Make the most of digital transformation from an informed point of view and do things right the first time. For more information, download the IDC How Integration and Cloud Management Help Optimize Networks for the Midmarket report.