WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY HERO AWARD RULES
Cambium Networks would like to recognize individuals who have made a difference in the lives of people, and improved communities, through their efforts to extend wireless connectivity and connect the unconnected. Access to the internet can have a profound impact on entire communities and the people who live in those communities. Cambium Networks will give four quarterly awards and one annual award to honor those individuals who have made extraordinary efforts to extend wireless connectivity and improved lives in the process.
Throughout each calendar year, Cambium Networks will select from all nominations made one person Quarterly to honor with the Hero Award, and, from all Quarterly Hero Award honorees, will select one honoree for the annual Hero Award. Awards Rules (“Official Rules”)
- THE HERO AWARDS: The Cambium Networks Wireless Connectivity Hero Awards (“Hero Awards”) are sponsored by Cambium Networks. Cambium began accepting nominations on August 22, 2017 for Quarterly Hero Award winners to be announced each business quarter. The Annual Award will be selected from Nominees honored with a Quarterly Hero Award from each calendar year. The following sets out the nomination and selection process:
- Nomination: To nominate an individual for consideration (the “Nominations”), the nominator (“Nominator”) must go to https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/connectivity_hero and provide (i) their name, address, and email address, (ii) the name, address, and email address of the individual they are nominating (the “Nominee”), and (iii) information explaining why the Nominee should be honored. Sufficient information should be provided to show how the Nominee has made a profound positive difference by extending wireless connectivity to make people’s lives better within the prior three (3) years. Submissions may include a written statement, video, photographs, or a combination of these formats, and should address the Judging Criteria (defined below). Links to applicable websites or other information bearing upon the Nomination may be included. Nominators may not nominate themselves and each Nomination must be of a natural person, and not a company or enterprise. Cambium may disqualify Nominations in the event they do not comply with the Submission Requirements, are unsportsmanlike or off- topic, or that do not nominate an individual who has made extraordinary efforts to extend wireless connectivity and improve lives of others, all at Cambium’s sole discretion. Nominators are encouraged to get permission from Nominees before submitting a Nomination. Cambium is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete Nominations.
- Acceptance of Nomination. Cambium will contact any Nominee selected for a Quarterly Hero Award prior to finalizing the selection, via mail or email or telephone at the mailing and/or email or telephone address provided by the Nominator, to confirm that the Nominee accepts the Nomination and agrees to these rules covering the Hero Awards (“Official Rules”). If a Nominee does not accept the Nomination the Nominee will not be eligible for selection for a Quarterly or Annual Hero Award and will not be contacted further.
- Eligible in Year Nominated and Succeeding Year. Cambium expects to continue the Hero Awards after 2017; nominations of persons made in 2017 will be eligible for consideration for a Quarterly and Annual award during 2018, and any Nominations made during 2018 and subsequent years will be eligible for consideration for a Quarterly or Annual Award in the year nominated as well as the immediately following year, at Cambium’s discretion.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Submissions should describe the Nominee’s extraordinary efforts to extend wireless connectivity and improve lives of others, including how the Nominee has brought wireless connectivity to people’s lives and why that has had a profound positive impact.
- All videos submitted as part of the Nomination must be posted on YouTube prior to Submission.
- Written submissions must be submitted in pdf form and be no longer than 1000 words.
- Photographs must be submitted as jpgs. No more than ten (10) photographs may be submitted.
- Submissions must be original.
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g., names, logos, symbols).
- Submissions must not contain, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Submissions must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age.
- Submissions must not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others without the prior approval of the owner of such trademark, logo or trade dress, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personally identifying information.
- Submissions must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Nominator and Nominee, without permission.
- JUDGING AND HONOREE SELECTION: The Hero Award will be conducted through the following phases which are described below.
- “Quarterly Award”. Following the conclusion of each business quarter, Cambium will select one (1) honoree per each of the four business regions to honor for that quarter (“Quarterly Honoree”) from among all accepted Nominations received prior to such quarter (and Nominations made in the immediately prior year may be considered for Quarterly or Annual Awards in the next year), based on the following criteria: a Nominee (i) personally took initiative to connect the unconnected with wireless, (ii) made an effort to provide wireless connectivity in a way that improved the lives of those who use the network, (iii) introduced a new wireless technology or solution never available before , (iv) whose efforts to provide wireless connectivity had a lasting value on individuals and/or their community, or (v) whose efforts to provide wireless connectivity serve as an inspiration to others (the “Criteria”). Cambium will consider which Nominee best embodies these Criteria in its selection, and may in its sole discretion choose a Nominee who embodies some or all of these Criteria, in its sole discretion. If, in Cambium’s sole discretion, no Nominees adequately embody the Criteria, Cambium may elect not to select a Quarterly Honoree for that particular quarter. Following selection as a Quarterly Honoree, Cambium will contact the Quarterly Honoree to consent to the selection and approve the write-up that will be posted on Cambium’s website and social media channels.
- “Annual Award”. After the close of each calendar year, a panel of judges will select an Annual Honoree (“Annual Honoree”) from among all Quarterly Honorees selected during that year, based on the one Quarterly Nominee who best embodies the Criteria. If, in Cambium’s sole discretion, no Quarterly Honoree stands out among all Quarterly Honorees for that year, Cambium may elect not to select an Annual Honoree that year. Following selection as an Annual Honoree, Cambium will contact the Annual Honoree to approve the new write-up that will be posted on Cambium’s website and social media channels.
Each Quarterly Honoree will receive a wall plaque and recognition on Cambium’s website and social media channels.
The Annual Honoree will receive a wall plaque and recognition on Cambium’s website and social media channels.
- ELIGIBILITY: Nominees must be natural persons who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is greater. Residents of Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, Croatia, Guatemala, Italy, Jamaica, Kuwait, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Qatar, Thailand, Venezuela, Vietnam, and Quebec province in Canada, and other jurisdictions in which awarding the Hero Award would violate applicable law, rule or regulation and any country that is subject to an embargo of the United States government are prohibited from being a Nominator or Nominee. Employees of Cambium and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible for nomination. Participation constitutes each Nominator’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Cambium’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Hero Award. Prior to receiving a Hero Award, a Nominee must agree to these Official Rules. Cambium’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Hero Awards.
All selections of Quarterly Honorees will be at Cambium’s sole discretion, and all selection of the Annual Honoree will be at the discretion of the judging panel. The potential Quarterly Honorees and Annual Honoree will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited). If a potential Quarterly Honoree or Annual Honoree fails to return such documents, the potential honoree may be disqualified and an alternate Quarterly Honoree or Annual Honoree, as applicable, may be selected.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: The Quarterly and Annual Honorees will be notified via phone call, mail, or email.
- APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION: SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Nominator, Nominee, and Cambium in connection with the Hero Award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction). Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
- WAIVERS AND RELEASES: By entering the Hero Award and/or accepting a Nomination, each Nominator and Nominee fully and unconditionally agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) to accept decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Hero Award; (c) to waive their moral rights, if any, in and to their entry in favor of Cambium; (d) that Cambium is not in any way responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Quarterly or Annual Awards; and (e) to release Cambium and its respective subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of, or travel to or from or in connection with the Quarterly or Annual Awards or participation in the Hero Award or any Hero Award related activity, including illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information; and (ii) for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering, or announcement of the Quarterly or Annual Awards or incorrect, inaccurate transcription of Nominator or Nominee information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, or any other malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected mail, or any damage or injury to Nominator’s, Nominee’s, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Hero Award. Cambium reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Hero Award should virus bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Hero Award. ANY ATTEMPT BY A NOMINATOR, NOMINEE, OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CAMBIUM AWARDS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of cancellation or termination, the Hero Award will be awarded using the above-established criteria from among all eligible Nominations legitimately received prior to the event causing such cancellation or termination. Failure by Cambium to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Cambium reserves the right to cancel or modify the Hero Awards in its sole discretion. There is no transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for awards allowed, except at Cambium’s sole discretion. Cambium reserves the right to substitute an award, or award element, of approximately equal or greater value (whether in cash or otherwise) if an award or award element, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. If a Quarterly Honoree or Annual Honoree is found to be ineligible, refuses the award, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules or if awards or award notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate honoree may be selected. If the Nominator is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, Cambium may disqualify the Nominator’s Nominee at Cambium’s sole discretion and an alternate honoree may be selected. Cambium reserves the right to determine whether any local laws, regulations or other rules of the jurisdiction of the country where a potential honoree resides permit the awarding of the Annual Award under these Official Rules which Cambium, in its sole discretion, believes will have a detrimental effect upon Cambium. Based on Cambium’s determination of this effect, it may deny making an award to such potential honoree without notice and thereafter award the Annual Award in question to another Nominee. Other than as provided herein, all federal, state, local, provincial, and other tax liabilities, including but not limited to sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, excise taxes, income and U.S. withholding taxes, customs, duties, fees and like amounts in connection with a Honoree’s award, acceptance or use of an award arising from the Hero Award will be the sole responsibility of the Honoree. Except where prohibited by law, the Nominator’s and the Honoree’s entry in the Hero Award and acceptance of an award, or any portion thereof, constitutes permission for Cambium to use said Nominator’s and Honoree’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state/province address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
- PERMISSION TO USE NAME AND LIKENESS: By participating in the Hero Award, Nominators and Nominees agree that their name, image, likeness, and city, state/province, and country of residence may be used for any advertising and promotional purposes at Cambium’s discretion in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations, or right of approval, and for no additional compensation, except where prohibited or restricted by law.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS IN ENTRIES: As a condition to entry into the Hero Award, each Nominator and Nominee grants to Cambium, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, licensees, designees, franchisees, successors, and assigns, as well as any and all judges for the Hero Award (collectively, the “Cambium Entities”), a fully transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty-free worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, publicly display, publicly perform, publish and otherwise use the Submission and Honoree Write-up in any and all media and formats, whether now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose, including without limitation: (a) any purpose relating to the Hero Award; (b) the marketing, advertising, and promotion of the Hero Award; (c) the marketing, advertising, promotion and development of Cambium’s business, products and services. These uses may include, but are not limited to, posting the Submission and Honoree Write-up on internal or public external websites and the internet. Each Nominator and Nominee agree, upon Cambium’s request, to do or perform all such actions and execute all such further documents and instruments as may be necessary or advisable in order to perfect or otherwise make the above license grant fully effective. Nominator and Nominee understand that Cambium is under no obligation to use or display any Submissions or Honoree Write-ups which are submitted.
- LANGUAGE: All documents, submissions, communications, business transactions and conversations associated with the Hero Award will be conducted in English. If translation services are required, this service and its related expenses are the responsibility of the Nominator, Nominee or Award Honoree.
- TO RECEIVE WINNER NAME OR OFFICIAL RULES: For an honorees list or a copy of the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked to: Cambium Networks, Hero Award, 3800 Golf Road, Suite 360, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008.
- SPONSOR: Cambium Networks, 3800 Golf Road, Suite 360, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO BE HONORED WITH A CAMBIUM NETWORKS WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY HERO AWARD. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.