Hospitals, clinics and care facilities must become more productive than ever, regardless of shortages and challenges. They need to have precise information on wandering patients and can’t afford to spend time looking for equipment. The communications network must be seamless, reliable and easy to manage so that the primary focus is on patient care. The Reha Clinic in Bolzano, Italy wanted to improve dementia patient care by monitoring and tracking patients and staff with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) wearable tags, which required high-density Wi-Fi and BLE coverage across the clinic. The solution was designed by system integrator CWS Digital Solutions. Luca Passini, CWS Digital Solutions CEO said, “We chose Wi-Fi technology from Cambium Networks because of its ability to integrate with multiple beacons of different brands, outstanding support to customize the application, and easy AP configuration.”
Cambium Networks’ Wi-Fi solutions are certified and proven for healthcare applications. Spectralink has certified our XV2-2 and XV3-8 indoor Wi-Fi 6 access points (AP) as part of their VIEW Certified AP Configuration Guides for enterprise mobility. Both solutions are also IEC-6061-1-12 certified. These global certifications mean that healthcare facilities can save the cost and time of doing their own validation and have confidence that our networking solutions enhance the quality of patient care.
Cambium Networks provides cloud-managed, unified Wi-Fi, switching and backhaul solutions for nurse collaboration, asset tracking, monitoring, IoT and telemedicine video applications. We serve small and medium healthcare hospitals, clinics and care facilities that need to focus on delivering care to people in need rather than managing their network.
Reliability and interoperability are key for medical-grade networks. Our Wi-Fi solutions provide coverage and capacity that makes it easy for integrators like Spectralink to deliver excellent healthcare applications:
- Wi-Fi tags for medical equipment, nurse call systems, fall management
- Baby crib protection
- Patient wristbands
- Contact tracing and wireless sensors
- Flow and environmental monitoring
- Wireless mobility, on-site communication, collaboration systems
Healthcare facilities can confidently install and provision connectivity with best-in-class efficiency. They can quickly add customers, capacity or services with a flexible architecture that can be optimized for small clinics or distributed healthcare campuses.
Network automation optimizes performance system wide:
- Zero-touch provisioning enables a plug-and-play implementation of network devices as the network is deployed and expanded
- Policy-Based Automation in our switching solutions saves time and reduces errors from moves, adds and changes to achieve the best leverage of limited IT resources
- A rich set of APIs that enables easy integration with third-party and home-grown applications
Business Value Delivered
With sophisticated, easy-to-operate and cost-effective solutions, small and medium hospitals can afford to deliver reliable wireless network service that was previously associated only with larger, more complex healthcare facilities. This translates to better care for more patients.
- In Italy, a hospital provided Wi-Fi access in newly created temporary facilities thanks to our partner WIFIDOM.
- Ibersystems Solutions in Spain installed a system of indoor Wi-Fi access points and cameras throughout a hospital to reduce the time and material invested on each patient. A camera is directed on each patient so they can check patient health and vital statistics to manage the use of protective equipment.
- In Leticia, Colombia, our partner, Skynet, connected the only medical facility in the remote region with wireless broadband.
To keep the focus on patient care, healthcare connectivity solutions must deliver superior user experiences and should be easy to integrate while delivering attractive economics. A recent Tolly Group report showed that Wi-Fi 6 access points from Cambium Networks surpassed Aruba, Meraki (Cisco) and Ruckus in terms of performance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Contact us to see how our solutions improve experiences for your patients, staff and administrators.