Effective Date: August 19, 2015
- The web site or web pages located at www.cambiumnetworks.com/ or any other web site or web pages owned or operated by Cambium Networks, including our community forum located at http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/, our partner portals located at http://support.cambiumnetworks.com/partner (each a “Site” and collectively the “Sites”).
- Our network life cycle management services provided through our cnMaestro™ product at https://cloud.cambiumnetworks.com as well as our LinkPlanner™ network planning product; and
- Any other solutions or services provided by us or in connection with access to or use of our products, network, devices, software or Sites (collectively, with our life cycle management and planning services, the “Services”).
We may collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Services. For example, when you contact us or when a device connects to one of our products or when you use one of our Services, we automatically collect information, including in connection with use of our Services and, in some cases, information about the devices connected to or by our products.
Registration Information. You can browse many areas of our Sites and use many of our Services without registering with us or providing us your name or contact info. However, to access certain Services or content on the Sites, we may ask you to register or provide certain information to us, including name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, promotional preferences, and passphrases and passcodes to facilitate the log-on functionality. We collect this type of personal information, as follows:
- When you register on one of our Sites, or access certain Services from us (including our life cycle management services provided by cnMaestro™ and network planning services through LinkPlanner™), we collect information including the user’s name, job title, company, email address, telephone number and location.
- When you download software updates, we may collect information including your name, job title, company, email address, telephone number and location.
- When you download or access our white papers or marketing materials, we may collect your name, contact information, location and other information.
- We may also collect your name, contact and other information when you participate in promotions and contests; access product demonstrations; participate in seminars, training courses or product-related events; apply for a job; complete a survey; register products; or seek technical support, or customer or consulting services.
Device and Network Information. When you download a software license key or apply for an unlock code, we will collect information about you and your device, including location information. This information includes personal information about you and your location and the serial number of the device. In addition, if you use any of our network planning and management services, such as LinkPlanner™ or cnMaestro™, and establish an account with us, we will collect information about your network and the devices attached to it, including the following: (i) MAC address, (ii) device type, (iii) operating system, (iv) geo-location information, and (v) network traffic information (e.g. hostnames, protocols, port numbers and IP addresses). When you use location-enabled Services, we may collect, process, use and share information about your actual real-time geographic location, such as signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on and to nearby Wi-Fi access points.
Automatically Collected Information on our Site. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Sites or Services through cookies, web beacons, log files, java script and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; MAC address, the length of time you visit our Sites and or use our Services; your location information; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Sites; access time; and a device identifier. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect through our Sites and Services as follows:
- To help us improve our Sites and Services.
- To provide you with the products you have requested and to otherwise fulfil your requests.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Sites and Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To help you resolve network issues and provide other technical support.
- To send you marketing an informational communications about products or services that may be of interest to you, and for other marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you emails about products, services or other information that we think may interest you. If you submit your name, phone number and contact information to us in order to receive more information from us, we may call or email you to follow up on your inquiry.
- In order to troubleshoot issues with our products.
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites, Services and products, in order to improve them, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information
Unless you have specifically granted us permission to do so, we will not sell or share your personal information to or with third parties for their own marketing purposes. Instead, we will ask for your permission before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this Policy. We may share the information we collect as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share the information we collect with service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors who provide requested services or process transactions on our behalf.
- In Response to Legal Process. To comply with the applicable laws or legal processes (e.g., lawful subpoenas or court orders), exercise our legal rights, comply with government regulatory requirements, or as otherwise required by law.
- To Protect Us and Others. To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected or potential fraud, brand protection matters (such as gray market sales or unauthorized use of our intellectual property), actual or potential threats to personal safety, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Partners. We may disclose personal information and other information to our channel partners, including our distributors, resellers and value added resellers. These third parties may use the personal information and other information that we provide to them for purposes such as marketing, and to provide services to you.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Any non-personal information that we collect from your use of our Sites or Services, whether through cookies or otherwise, may be used in combination with other information for analytical purposes, to track the number of visitors to our Site or to each page of our Site, the domain names of the internet service provider of visitors to our Sites, and how users interact with an use the Site. We may provide aggregate or de-identified information about our customers, about Site traffic patterns, or about Site and Services usage information.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chatroom on one of our Sites, the information that you post may be available to other users or the general public. As a result, other third parties will potentially be able to read, collect or use your information. We are not responsible for the information that you publish on our discussion forums or chatrooms. Also, if you post any content to our Sites – such as a comment to a blog – we collect information about what you have posted, as well as your name and contact information if you submit it.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. A cookie is a small piece of computer code that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, which enables our web servers to identify users and collect certain usage Sites information from users. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid cookies by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to manage how your computer accepts cookies. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of Sites visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Sites usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded. We may also collect usage information via java script, log files and other sources.
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Sites or Services, including your comments, reviews, pictures, and any other information. If you post such content, all of the information that you post will be available to other users of our Sites and Services. Your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you would like to update your registration information you may do so by contacting your Cambium Networks representative or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information in other areas of the Sites or through registration-required portals for customers, distributors or resellers. We will make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to correct inaccurate personal information we are not required by law to retain, and to delete your personal information and account, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Personal Information Choices and Communication Preferences
We may send you marketing and other information emails. You can manage communication preferences and unsubscribe from emails or other communications using one of the following methods:
- Promotional emails include instructions on unsubscribing or opting out of that mailing; or
- Send an email to email@example.com; or
- Send a letter to Cambium Networks, Ltd., Legal Department, 3800 Golf Road, Suite 360, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008, USA.
When doing so, please include your name, email address and details of the change or deletion requested, the email or promotion from which you would like to opt out, or any other action you would like us to take. We may continue to send you service communications, or other communications related to your use of our Services and products, or our regulatory or other legal obligations.
Securing Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Other Websites Linked to the Sites
From time to time we may include links to other parties’ websites and services that you are free to visit. We do not control these third party Sites or services and you visit them at your own risk. The use of these Sites and the treatment of any personal information you provide to these Sites are not covered by this Policy. If you follow any links you should review the privacy statements of those websites.
California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Cambium Networks does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
Cambium Networks may transfer any information we collect to Cambium Networks in the USA and India, as well as to any of our subsidiaries or affiliates worldwide, or to third party service providers acting on our behalf,. The USA, India and the other jurisdictions to which we transfer information may not have equivalent data protection laws as your home jurisdiction. By providing any information to us, you acknowledge your understanding of and unambiguous consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside of your country of residence.
U.S.-EU & U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Certification
With respect to the personal information we receive from or on behalf of our customers, resellers and distributors in the EU and Switzerland, Cambium Networks in the U.S. complies with the U.S.-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Cambium Networks has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Contacting Cambium Networks
Cambium Networks values your opinions and suggestions. If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, or concerns related to this Policy, please email us at email@example.com.
Updates to this Policy
We retain the right to update or amend this policy at any time. Please review it frequently. If the policy is revised or amended in any material way we will post the revised version here and include an updated revision date. We may also notify users by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our website.