The heroic work done by first responders and public safety employees during major disasters and events such as Hurricane Sandy and Typhoon Haiyan appear in headlines around the world. Communications infrastructure is critical in these major disasters, and also in the thousands of smaller local emergencies that occur every day but don’t even appear on the local news. Every minute of every day the video surveillance and two-way radio communications infrastructure is proactively preventing these situations from escalating. To be effective, response teams need equipment and communications they can rely on.
Cambium Networks has a long history of successful wireless broadband deployments for first responders and public safety organizations. Whether providing backhaul for land mobile radios on the Brazilian highway system, video surveillance on the streets of Chicago, or rapidly deployable tactical communications for the National Guard, Cambium provides dependable solutions.
With the recent launch of the 450i platform (PMP 450i and PTP 450i) Cambium’s portfolio of solutions for public safety applications has never been stronger. The 450i operates anywhere in the 4.9 to 5.9 GHz spectrum and is suitable for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint deployments in a highly scalable, proven platform.
Here are just a few of the enhancements made to the 450i specifically for the public safety sector:
- 4.9 GHz to 5.9 GHz support which is the primary sub-6 GHz spectrum used for public safety in large parts of the world
- High-gain integrated antennas simplify rapid deployment while minimizing the physical footprint
- Dynamic interference filtering reduces interference from adjacent unlicensed bands
- Direct connection of video surveillance cameras with a built-in 802.3at output port
- Highly secure management interfaces (SNMPv3 and https)
- Hardened/ruggedized enclosures for the toughest environments (IP66/67)