March 21, 2012
Bateman Group for Cambium Networks
Tel: +1 415 503-1818
CAMBIUM PTP 250 DELIVERS BEST-IN-CLASS PERFORMANCE FOR MID-RANGE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS
Enhanced Feature Offerings Bring Dual-Band Flexibility, Superior Small-Packet Performance and Greater Throughput Speeds to Enterprise, Government Agencies and Wireless ISP Applications
SCHAUMBURG, ILL., March 21Anchor, 2012—Cambium Networks™, a leading provider of wireless broadband solutions for reliable connectivity in any environment, today released an upgraded version of its PTP 250 wireless Ethernet solution. Purpose-built to deliver superior performance and reliability to enterprises, government organizations and service providers, the PTP 250 now offers throughput speeds up to 256 Mbps and best-in-class performance for small-packet applications, such as Voice-over-IP (VoIP), video surveillance, distance learning and on-demand video. The PTP 250 also delivers dual-band functionality with support for the 5.4 and 5.8 GHz radio transmissions and is authorized for use by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Industry Canada (IC), and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI).
“The PTP 250 allows us to offer faster, more economical services that align with our clients’ requests to support new-media functionality like updating Facebook, streaming movies from Netflix or participating in online gaming sites,” said Nathan Stooke, Chief Executive Officer, WisperISP, Inc. “The upgraded feature capabilities will further enable WisperISP to better serve the unique needs of our customers – residential and small to medium-sized enterprises alike.”
Fast, Reliable and Affordable Connectivity
Designed to securely transport data, voice and video in both near line-of-sight (nLOS) and line-of-sight (LOS) environments, the PTP 250 delivers fast, reliable and affordable connectivity at a time when enterprises and providers are challenged with increasing bandwidth capacity to support additional applications, subscribers and users. System benefits include:
- Dual-Band Flexibility: Operates in both the 5.4 or 5.8 GHz bands for added convenience and flexibility without having to switch radios.
- Best-in-Class Small-Packet Performance: PTP 250 includes a powerful packet processor and optimized protocols that support up to 234,000 packets-per-second for best-in-class small-packet performance, ideal for customers using video traffic applications.
- Greater Throughput Speeds: PTP 250 offers up to 256 Mbps data transfer rates in a 40MHz channel, faster than most comparable systems.
- Superior RADAR Detection: Equipped with Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) and improved RADAR detection algorithms to provide unmatched accuracy to prevent “falsing” that can cause a typical network to shut down. This new feature capability is critical for customers deploying networks in regions where RADAR detection is mandated. “Speed and reliability are critical in today’s fast-pace, multimedia environment,” said Tony Cecchin, vice president, Product & Business Operations, Cambium Networks. “Cambium is committed to delivering powerful and reliable solutions that meet the speed and bandwidth needs our customers. The PTP 250 enables customers with limited resources to establish or extend network communications affordably.” Resources Launched as an independent company in October 2011, Cambium Networks leverages the rich heritage of the Orthogon and Canopy Networks product portfolios — known worldwide for their proven reliability, ease of deployment, interference immunity, cost-effectiveness and ability to easily integrate and operate with other networks.
- Please click here for more information on Cambium’s PTP 250.
- The WisperISP, Inc. customer case study is available on the Cambium Media Center and available for download here.
- Visit Cambium at ISPAmerica Conference March 26-30 in Orlando, Booth #208 for more information on the PTP 250.
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks, formerly part of Motorola Solutions, provides world-class wireless broadband and microwave solutions for military, government, municipal and enterprise customers around the world. It currently has more than 3.5 million products deployed in thousands of networks in over 150 countries, with its innovative technologies providing reliable, secure, cost-effective connectivity that’s easy to deploy and proven to deliver outstanding metrics. Cambium’s ecosystem of partners, development engineers, and support teams work together to design and deliver innovative, forward-looking solutions that provide data, voice and video connectivity when and where it’s needed.
Note to Editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Cambium Networks, please visit the Cambium Media Center at: www.cambiumnetworks.com/media_center