The latest global CEO survey conducted by PriceWaterhouseCoopers confirms what we’ve been seeing around the world. CEOs ranked cybersecurity threats as their second biggest concern.
Sixty-nine percent of respondents are worried that that cybersecurity threats will inhibit growth. In his blog, PwC’s global & U.S. advisory cybersecurity leader David Burg wrote, “The 2014 breaches made it much easier for senior executives to understand the risks, hence their recognition of concern.”
Many of these concerns can be alleviated by network infrastructure and strategy that minimizes cybersecurity risk. Cambium Networks’ PTP products are used in applications such as national border security, first responder backhaul, video surveillance, critical infrastructure protection (CIP) and military situational awareness. Our years of experience in these applications and ongoing investment in cybersecurity functionality continue to lead the market in four areas of concern that help reduce business risk:
- Deploying private networks as leased line replacements to bring security and reliability within their own control
- Deploying resilient backup links to provide high availability for critical services
- Staging or pre-configuring links for rapid deployment in disaster recovery situations
- Deploying video surveillance in all areas of the business to monitor and protect physical assets and control access to remote areas of the enterprise
Whether deployed as a leased line replacement, campus connectivity between buildings, a resilient backup link or as a rapid deployment in a disaster recover scenario, fixed wireless backhaul products incorporate security capabilities in all aspects of design to meet strict cybersecurity requirements without sacrificing throughput and latency.
- Physical Security – tamper-evident seals, built-in denial of service attack mitigation, encryption of software images and configuration data
- Data Security – 128- and 256-bit AES encryption, use of non-standard headers to prevent snooping attacks
- Management Security – roles-based user access, audit trails, password rules, secure interfaces, centralized authentication and access control
- Process Security – Third party validation of design, source code reviews, vulnerability assessment scans
Solutions from Cambium Networks are a key part of implementing an overall information assurance program mitigating cybersecurity threats by preventing, detecting and recovering from network breaches. For more information on our leased line solutions, download our white paper.