ROLLING MEADOWS, IL, September 13, 2016 — Cambium Networks™, a leading global provider of wireless networking solutions, today debuted cnReach™, a narrowband radio for highly reliable and secure transmissions across long distances that are essential for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT); especially for oil and gas, electric and water utilities, rail, transportation and mining applications. Building on over a decade of investment in wireless broadband technology, Cambium Networks is now able to provide licensed wireless narrowband networking solutions ideally suited to connect sensors on the edge of the network to cloud-based or private data centers. The company has been methodically evolving its product set of Point-to-Point (PTP) backhaul, Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) access and WiFi wireless networking solutions to provide reliable and affordable connections that go from 2 meters to 245 kilometers in one hop.
“The narrowband connectivity of cnReach extends the communications infrastructure and backhaul, so we now have the capability and visibility to manage the entire IIoT network end-to-end,” said Mike Mitchell, President, Petro Communications. “We require completely dependable connections to process sensor data and send control commands to the most remote locations in the field.”
“To implement real-time visibility and control of complex operations, industry leaders need applications that can properly aggregate and distill data from the edge of the network, provide analysis and control, and then transport accumulated large volume of processed information to private and cloud-based data centers,” said Atul Bhatnagar, President and CEO of Cambium Networks. “We offer a complete solution with the cnReach platform to transport data from the node to the NOC, and cnMaestro™ manages the entire network in a single pane of glass.”
The cnReach N500 radio completes a full, end-to-end suite of highly resilient wireless narrowband and broadband solutions, providing network operators a complete wireless networking solution to implement their IIoT initiatives by connecting devices at the outermost edge of their operation. The product supports licensed and unlicensed operations in the 900 MHz and 700 MHz frequencies, with additional frequencies planned, and eases the transition from serial networks to all-IP networks with extensive built-in I/O capabilities.
“cnReach enables utilities, petrochemical, and other critical infrastructure operators to unleash the full value of the Industrial Internet by turning accumulated and real-time data into insightful knowledge and critical actions,” said Bruce Collins, Director of Product Management for cnReach at Cambium Networks. “cnReach provides the underlying communications infrastructure that is highly reliable and resilient for interconnecting sensors and controls across a large-scale field area network. This connectivity provides the vital data and control functions needed to meet compliance requirements, improve safety, and boost efficiency.”
Key features of cnReach include:
- cnMaestro software for monitoring the status of entire networks carrying traffic from sensors and controls
- Licensed 700 MHz and in 900 MHz frequencies, both licensed and unlicensed in a single radio; with additional RF bands supported in the coming months including solutions in the 100, 200 and 400 MHz frequency ranges
- Secure communications with AES 128/256-bit encryption with password authentication
- Highly reliable communications with access point synchronization and adaptive modulation
- Single and dual radio configurations for highly-efficient relay and store-and-forward applications
- Extensive I/O capabilities easing the transition from serial to all-IP networks with multiple serial ports, Ethernet ports and analog/digital I/O built-in
- Sophisticated network planning with LINKPlanner, a no-charge planning tool enabling network designers to predict both capacity and availability of networks crossing all of Cambium’s technologies
Key features of the cnMaestro management platform include:
- An open northbound, RESTful API that allows customers to access real-time and historical infrastructure and backhaul statistics from the edge of the field area network to the operation center. These interfaces permit external applications to monitor end-to-end device health, radio efficiency, and network traffic.
- An alarm reporting Webhooks API that securely feeds asynchronous alarms and periodic statistics into complex event processing and data engines, supporting the integration into corporate network management and notification services.
- Administration of cnReach locations ensuring full visibility, manageability, and reliability of the network backhaul, ensuring IIoT data and operations are dependable and efficient.
With years of experience deploying private network solutions from high-capacity microwave backhaul, video surveillance, remote access, leased line replacement, WiFi, and now SCADA control and monitoring systems, Cambium Networks brings a complete suite of IIoT solutions all managed from a single pane of glass.
cnReach is available now through Cambium Networks distributors in North America. Cambium Networks will be hosting a webinar on the cnReach platform on September 15 at 9:00 a.m. CDT.
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of trusted wireless solutions that connect the unconnected – People, Places and Things. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure wireless narrowband and broadband platforms, Cambium Networks makes it possible for all service providers; industrial, enterprise, government, and service providers to build affordable, reliable, high-performance connectivity. The company currently has over five million radios deployed in thousands of demanding networks in more than 150 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S., U.K. and India, Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. For more information, visit: www.cambiumnetworks.com and www.connectingtheunconnected.org.
Golin for Cambium Networks – Cyrus Hedayati
+1 415 318 4377